Instagram

Friday, January 3, 2014

happy new year, everybody

I'm cold.
I'm tired.
I'm scared.
But I'm happy.

Already on the fourth day of the year, 2014.
This is incredible, for readers that don't know, well... I'm in the UK now. I flew here on the first day of the year to study, learn and experience. It was tiring flying to Kuala Lumpur from my hometown for two and a half hours then waiting fours hours in KLIA for my flight to Dubai. Another seven hours to fly to the Dubai airport where I had to wait for three hours before having an eight hour flight to Newcastle. My butt was as flat as paper for sitting too long and I just couldn't wait to crawl into bed and hibernate. Jet lag didn't hit me very hard though, I feel fine, thanked God. 

This is the farthest country I have travelled in my eighteen years of life.
 Did you notice that you can't spell farthest without fart? Anyways, everything is so different. The weather, the time, the temperature, the food, the people and the culture. But I sort of like it, honestly. I can't wait for classes to start so I can meet new people and learn new things but terrified at the same time that they won't like me and that I don't succeed. Wish me luck, readers.

For this year's resolutions? I just want to be really happy. That's all. 
What I learned from the years that have passed is that expectations always leads to disappointments and the best times are always unplanned. I'm not going to ask for everything to be perfect but for God to give me just enough to handle. Shall blog more later, I'm going to attempt to cook with my older brother for the first time in the UK.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're settling in fine. I miss you so much! I miss your little giggles, your demanding voice and your hugs!! Change is scary but it is also a good thing. Praying for you always beautiful! Stay safe and happy.

    p/s listen to Beyonce's Pretty Hurts. I think you'll like it. (:

    <3 you as always darl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy roommie, please take care of yourself. miss you a bunch!

    ReplyDelete