Instagram

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sarah's halloween in Newcastle | 2015


This was the day before halloween itself. Cassandra and I volunteered to assist the Glow Fun Run that was raising money for blind and partially sighted people. I had a blast lending a hand, meeting other friendly volunteers and also coming across so many enthusiastic participants where even some of them came all dressed up in costumes and beautifully painted faces. It was such a lovely feeling to be a part of something.





I was rather excited to celebrate my second halloween in England as I did not do much for my first one so I thought why not be a little festive and get into the spooky mood. That led me to craving a pumpkin for the very first time. I pretty much picked a cute pumpkin from Tesco Metro, bought craving utensils from Wilko, brought the items home and crave my little heart out. I am and was proud of the outcome of my Jack Skellington pumpkin head.




On halloween day, Cassandra and I once again volunteered to be stewards for a Guinness World Record attempt event held at The Alnwick Garden. It was to have the most witches gathered in one place. Sadly, they did not make it just having lack a couple hundreds. I guess there is always next time but I did have a great time exploring the beautiful garden that was filled with fallen autumn leaves.













And when the sky turned dark, the ghouls and vampires, ghosts and trolls came out of the nooks and crannies of the city out onto the streets and there was us. 




Overall, it was a productive halloween which made me happy and content. Until the next post, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment